Writer's Tree

As a writer with each endeavor I grow and my branches spread to encompass the world.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Happy Birthday To Me!

It has been a long time since I have written and I am now prepared to embrass my blog again. Today is my birthday, a day for celebration and introspection. I find myself facing many things in my life; the loss of loved ones, a fragile future with the opposite sex, and an empty nest. But under it all I feel a sense of well being and above all of embracing my womanhood. Who am I as a woman, who will I be, and how will I face my future?

At 54 what one knows for sure is that live is short and can be lost at any moment. Does that make me feel defeated? Only if I let it. I am looking forward to taking the time in my future, however long that turns out to be, and I am looking forward to it being a good long time, and making it the most wonderful, exciting part of my life. I plan to read more, write more, love more, and just embrace life more fully!

I have a friend that has a beautiful portrait in his kitchen of what he calls, "the Gay Nymph", gay as in happy. She is naked, in the forest with her arms up and spread wide with glee and a look on her face that says, "it doesn't get any better than this!" I intend to live my life with the attitude of the gay nymph from now until the end of my days!

So on my birthday I spread my arms with glee and say to myself and to you and to the world....."it doesn't get any better than this...ENJOY!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger