Writer's Tree

As a writer with each endeavor I grow and my branches spread to encompass the world.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Welcome

Welcome to my blog!

Thus begins a new adventure for me. An opportunity to put my writing out into the world. I have been writing all of my life but have just recently begun to identify myself as a "writer". This blog is about a journey, as a writer, a woman, a mother, a human being.

Many people have talked for years about the idea of the empty nest and the sense of dispair that accompanies these monumental moments in one's life. I am on the edge of my journey into the empty nest and find myself embracing a sense of excitement and adventure as I plunge into this new chapter. The freedom to explore life for the first time in many years without the responsibility of other humans that depend on me for their survival.

Each day I discover something new about who I am, what it means to be a woman at this age and often confronted by the preconcieved ideas that society would have us swallow whole without first deciding if they are acceptable to us. I have chosen to toss those ideas and notions aside and embrace this with open arms.

It will be a time of discovery and I hope that some of you will take the journey with me as I share my writing and my discoveries with you. If you find something that touches you or helps you along the way my desire for sharing will have been worth the risk.

Please feel free to share with me your writing, your struggles, your adventures and as we climb those obstacles that society has chosen to tell us are insurmountable we will hold one another up on our journeys to the summit of our chosen mountains!

I hope you enjoy traveling with me.

Conni

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the design you chose for your blog page... now put one of those pictures i took of you up there!

p.s. I'm proud of you for taking this step, which brings you that much closer to real publication!

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on declaring yourself a "writer"! I, too, have recently called myself a writer. It first started as a love for reading and I do recall in the fourth grade starting to write a book. It's something I didn't realize that I had a passion for until this year.

Look forward to reading more about your journey...

~Maria
CustomersAreAlways.com
The Good Life

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger